The Honorary Lebanese Consulate’s office has stopped issuing visas. Please find below your options of getting a Visa to visit Lebanon:
- Obtain Visa at Beirut International airport or
- Obtain Visa from the Lebanese Embassy in Ottawa
Obtain Visa at Beirut International Airport
The following is a list of countries whose citizens can obtain an entry visa upon arrival at Beirut International Airport or any other port of entry if there is no Israeli visa or seal on their passport:
- Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bhutan, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China Republic, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Islamic Republic of Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Macau (S A R), Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montinegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Palau, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey ( exclusively at the airport), Trinidad & Tobacco, Turkmenistan, USA, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Yugoslavia.
* The cost for a visa at the airport is $17.00 US, it is for one entry and valid for 3 months only.
* There is no fee for the Airport’s visa valid for one month and one entry only.
* Holders of Iraqi passports can be issued tourist visas upon their arrival to Lebanon via Beirut Airport, if they hold two thousand dollars in cash, hotel booking or known address, and a return ticket.
Obtain Visa from the Embassy
- You can obtain a visa at the Embassy or by mail.
- The validity of a visa is 90 days starting from the issue date.
- The duration of a visa is 15 days, one, three or six months starting from the day of entry to Lebanon.
- In case of a visa for an underage child, both parents should sign a consent letter authorizing the child to travel.
- A visa will not be issued on any passport or travel document stamped with an Israeli visa or seal. Moreover, a Lebanese visa is rendered invalid if an Israeli visa or seal is stamped on the passport.
Required documents for Visa:
You need to fill out a Visa Application Form and present it to the Embassy with the following:
- Valid original passport with 2 clear colored photocopies of the pages that contain the full name, photo, passport #, issue date, and expiry date.
- One photo (passport size)
- Signed consent letter from both parents for minors under 18 years of age:
- In person: at the Embassy in front of the Consular Officer.
- By mail: In front of a notary public.
- University/ School or Work attestation
- Prepaid self-addressed (return) envelope and a phone number.
- Visa registration fee
- One entry – $105.00
- Two entries – $150.00
- Multiple entries – $210.00
- In person – cash or money order payable to the Embassy of Lebanon
- By mail – money order payable to the Embassy of Lebanon
To complete the formalities by mail:
- Mail all the requested documents with 2 photocopies (write your family registration number if available) and a prepaid self-addressed (return) envelope to the Embassy at the following address:
- The Embassy returns the completed formality to the sender in the prepaid self-addressed (return) envelope.
Embassy of Lebanon
640 Lyon Street
Ottawa, ON K1S 3Z5
Tel: 1 (613) 236-5825
Fax: 1 (613) 232-1609